FIVE TOP TIPS ON LAMINATE FLOOR COVERINGS
“Let’s talk about Laminate Flooring in Domestic Properties” By Ger O’Neill of O’Neill Carpentry
Laminate floors are a cheaper alternative to solid wood floors which most landlords and homeowners find more affordable.
What attracts most people is the range of colours, finishes and sizes. I personally love to run a laminate floor throughout a property avoiding the kitchen area if possible.
Here’s some advice on picking the correct laminate floor;
• In an area that takes a lot of traffic, i.e. the living area or hall, I would recommend a 12/14mm laminate with an ac5 rating. Yes it’s more expensive, but it will last longer , look better and be much more hard wearing.
• Laminates can work in kitchens but with a lot of care so I would recommend this to homeowners only!
• In a bedroom you can use an 8/10mm laminate with an ac3/4 rating. Less traffic so money can be saved here on a slightly cheaper but perfectly good floor.
• Always pick the right floor for the right area and if you want to use a more expensive floor in the bedrooms that’s perfectly fine.
• DON’T use a mop and bucket on a laminate floor. As little water as possible goes a long way and there is always speciality cleaning products so your laminate lasts a lot longer!
Share this post: